Equipment used to protect the health and safety of workers (gloves, goggles, face shields, filtering face masks, shoes, etc.). Respiratory PPE differs depending on the purpose for which it is designed to be used. Protection is provided by the filtering capacity of the equipment, and its ability to block airborne particles, mostly based on their size, shape and density, preventing inhalation.
Micro-organisms are transported in the air attached to solid or liquid particles (bioaerosols), which can remain suspended for varying amounts of time depending on size. Therefore, when performing activities that could cause dispersion of bioaerosols, respiratory PPE must be used to prevent the risk of exposure to pathogens.
SafetysLife® respiratory protective equipment is CE certified.
PPE – Respiratory Personal Protective Equipment
Personal protective equipment for one or more risks to health and safety (Legislative Decree 475/92, Art. 1, para. 2).
TheRespiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) (APVR), is equipment used to protect from hazardous substances in the air (viruses, bacteria, particles, vapours, gas) through filtration. It has filters for the various classes of contaminants.
It must be used correctly not only by healthcare personnel, but also by patients with suspected or confirmed airborne diseases which involve a risk of exposure to biological agents that can transmit respiratory disease.
Respiratory protective equipment, which protects the nose and mouth from inhaling contaminating particles, also provides an effective barrier against the possible contamination of healthcare providers by splashes or sprays of biological material.
SOME SIMPLE RECOMMENDATIONS TO CONTAIN THE SPREAD OF THE VIRUS
1. WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN WITH SOAP AND WATER OR USE AN ALCOHOL-BASED GEL
2. AVOID CLOSE CONTACT, MAINTAINING A DISTANCE OF AT LEAST ONE METRE
3. AVOID CROWDED PLACES
4. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR EYES, NOSE AND MOUTH WITH YOUR HANDS
5. AVOID SHAKING HANDS OR HUGGING UNTIL THIS HEALTHCARE EMERGENCY HAS ENDED
6. COVER YOUR NOSE AND MOUTH WITH A DISPOSABLE TISSUE WHEN YOU SNEEZE OR COUGH. OTHERWISE, USE THE FOLD OF YOUR ELBOW
7. IF YOU HAVE FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS, STAY HOME. DO NOT GO TO A&E OR TO YOUR DOCTOR. GET A TEST AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.